CCV STARS is a youth sports experience focused on Striving To Achieve Real Significance on and off the field.
STARS began as a dream when Christ's Church of the Valley (CCV) was founded in 1982. 22 years later, that dream was realized with the launch of STARS. In its inaugural season, STARS had over 600 participants in its recreational soccer league, United Soccer. As of 2016, STARS serves nearly 11,000 youth participants annually on several campuses across the Phoenix Valley. STARS is, and will always be, open to everyone in the community.
At STARS, we utilize a More Than A Game (MTAG) philosophy that emphasizes life skill development so that each kid can win on and off the field. We want to partner with parents to further develop the character and integrity of their child based on Christian values.
- 2004 - STARS founded at Peoria campus, offering recreational (United) soccer.
- 2005 - Club (Integra) Soccer launched in Peoria.
- 2006 - Flag & Tackle football launched in Peoria.
- 2009 - Basketball launched in Peoria.
- 2010 - Exceptional Stars (special needs) program launched.
- 2013 - STARS Surprise Campus launched, offering United Soccer, Flag Football, and Tackle Football.
- 2014 - STARS East Valley Campus launched, offering United Soccer and Flag Football.
- 2016 - STARS Avondale Campus launched, offering United Soccer and Flag Football.